Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Post from India #5

India post #5
As I am about to leave India I thought I would reflect on my experiences in India.  From my first day to my last day I have seen a lot of things that have shocked me.  The first thing that shocked me was the amount of smog in the big cities.  When we landed in Delhi for the first time on Jan 2 and walked out of the plane and as we were walking down the terminals we couldn't see the end of the terminal. Not because the great distance to the end but the amount of fog/smog in the airport itself.  Another thing that shocked me was the amount of advertising. Everywhere you look it was hard to find a wall or the side of a building that didn't have some sort of advertising on it.  When we were driving around it was not uncommon to find that someone's house was completely covered in advertisements. Pepsi and Airtel were some of the companies that had a lot of advertising.  The most shocking thing that I saw was the amount of affection Indian male’s show to one another.  In the US males do not show much emotion let alone affection for other males in public, yes there is a little "bro love" but US males do not hold one another's hands or throw and arm around one shoulder and walk with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment